June 2016 – Present
Apple, Inc., Full-Stack Engineer & Instructor
- Developing and maintaining internal web site / applications
- Training and onboarding new employees under Software Engineering
- Developed mobile ad units for Apple’s iAd App Network, Apple Music, and News
- Contributed new features into internal frameworks, created prototypes, and technical proof-of-concepts
- Developed scripts to streamline & automate redundant tasks and improved workflow & processes
- Ensured shipped products are built according to Apple’s technical requirements and high standards
- Led front-end development teams for extensive platform sites.
- Created entire site stacks: from building the front-end to developing the back-end environments and integrating with 3rd party APIs as well as server set-up and deployment.
- Solely developed small-scale custom content management systems.
- Worked with a broad range of clients across different industries: Canon, Google, Gretel, Kenneth Cole, O2 (UK), Truth, and UNICEF.
- Solely developed Flash-based video player for Future Inc. and all of its affiliate sites.
- Collaborated closely with designers to determine the most creative designs without sacrificing usability.
- Worked with high-profile clients: NBC/Bravo TV, CondeNast/Vogue, Adobe, and 20th Century Fox, and Rachael Ray.
- Developed sharable content objects/modules for hundreds internal Course Based Training (CBT) courses.
- Integrated external data sources such as XML and SQL databases with Flash and HTML into small web apps.
- Produced several interactive Flash projects ranging from websites and applications to games and animations.
May 2015 – April 2016
Apple, Inc., UI Engineer
New York, NY
January 2008 – May 2015
Freelance, Design Technologist
New York, NY
May 2006 – December 2007
The Chopping Block, Design Technologist
New York, NY
October 2003 – March 2006
Gulfstream Aerospace, E-Learning / Web Developer
September 2000 – May 2004
Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Magna Cum Laude
- Major: Computer Art, Interactive Design Track
- GPA: 3.77 / 4.0
Awards & Press
- 2015 Webby Award Winner | Game or Application: UNICEF Tap Project
- Building The Web App For Unicef’s Tap Campaign: A Case Study
- FWA Mobile Site of the Day: March 28, 2014, UNICEF Tap Project
- Pixel Award: TV Category, The Chopping Block, 2006
- Silver & Bronze PRIDE Award, March / May 2005, Gulfstream Aerospace, Savannah, GA
- Outstanding Achievement Award, SCAD, May 2004
- Responsive Design
- Web Standards
- Unix / Linux
- Git / SVN
- Adobe Creative Suite